As a continuation of the previous promotion video presentation and project overview, the purpose of this plan is to provide ongoing professional learning opportunities for us, the ASL instructor team, to lead a transformation of learning and teaching based on constructivism theory. This would be a blended learning environment in higher education that focuses on students’ involvement to construct the knowledge and increase engagement and learning results through instructions.
Additionally, the references to the literature review and learning theory as assistance for ASL Instructors to understand the role of constructivist facilitation. The 4DX Strategy plan was projected to expand interactive learning to create a partially blended learning environment.
Beyond going to “sit and get” workshops or traditional development professional activities, we feel that the addition of professional series comprising of ten sessions will be effective ongoing learning for us, ASL instructors. These sessions will take place over the course of the ten months, along with self and peer learning activities to create and enrich collaborative teams. There will be effective ongoing learning for us, the ASL instructors. This lifelong learning will allow us to continually keep our skills sharp and up to date putting knowledge to work.
The projected instructional design of Professional Learning (PL) using the 3-column table (Finks) with Big Harry Audacious Goal (BHAG), a vision statement, and an timeline with an illumination of what our alternatives to professional learning will do will be handout at the first sessions, August 22, 2017. There ASL Director and I will present slides below regarding our PL and goals in the first session.
Technology and Resources slides
- Blended Learning 101: handbook http://learningaccelerator.org/media/3d90f736/Blended_Learning_Handbook_6713_Final.pdf
- Constructivism Based Blended Learning in Higher Education: conference paper http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-35879-1_74
- Lab computer and internet
- Camcorders/iPads and tripods
- Box online storage – https://baylor.account.box.com/login
- PLC platform The Video Network of Sign Language, http://www.deaftv.com/
- GoReact app and rubrics, www.goreact.com
- Video self-assessment/reflection rubric http://cepr.harvard.edu/files/l1b_video_self_analysis_rubric.pdf
- Coaching Conversation Planning Guide http://cepr.harvard.edu/files/cepr/files/l3e_coaching_conversation_planning_guide.pdf
- Teacher Video Pilot Success Survey http://cepr.harvard.edu/files/cepr/files/m2a_video_assessment_survey.pdf
- Student survey
- Transfer Video to your devices guide/support
- Demonstration Videos
- Constructivist Perspectives on Learning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lVLYAXzYE
- Modeling Effective Teaching Techniques – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n16q9V9Pf2c
- Blended Learning and the Future of Education https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2d8E1dZjY
- Blended Learning Environments in Higher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XPGlfc4jxg
Al-Huneidi A., Schreurs J. (2013) Constructivism Based Blended Learning in Higher Retrieved from http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-35879-1_74
Aspire Public Schools. Blended learning 101 – The Learning Accelerator Retrieved from http://learningaccelerator.org/media/3d90f736/Blended_Learning_Handbook_6713_Final.pdf
President and Fellows of Harvard College. (2015) Best foot forward video observation toolkit Retrieved from http://www.torsh.co/resources/best-foot-forward-video-observation-toolkit
CELT, Iowa State. (2009, Aug. 25) Modeling Effective Teaching Techniques. [Video File]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n16q9V9Pf2c
Markoff, M. (2014, May 6). [Video File]. Blended learning and the future of education. Tedx [Video File]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2d8E1dZjY
Free, D. (2015, Apr. 23) Blended Learning Environments in Higher Education [Video File]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XPGlfc4jxg
Taber, K. (2017, March 10) Constructivist Perspectives on Learning. [Video File]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lVLYAXzYE
Fink, L.D. (2003). A Self-Directed Guide to Designing Courses for Significant Learning. Retrieved from Designing Significant Learning Experiences: Materials in Print website:http://www.designlearning.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Self-Directed-G…